Here are a few fun makeup ideas for Halloween. These were created using LimeLight by Alcone’s Perfect Eyeliner. Use a little eyeshadow for color and you can create some great looks for your next Halloween party. You’ll love the look and feel of using makeup instead of face paint which can be uncomfortable and it can also clog your pores.
These cute critters are a fun and easy craft for Halloween. Perfect to make with the kids and to personalize just the way you want. From cute to scary, you can create any look you want for Halloween.
Image source: Wendy Piersall on Flickr CC 2.0
Halloween just wouldn’t be as much fun if you didn’t have a fun bag or bucket to carry your candy. Sure, the older kids are partial to a pillow case because it can hold so much. But for the younger kids, a cute little bucket is a must-have accessory for any Halloween costume.
Here are some of my favorite DIY Halloween treat bags and candy containers.
DIY Silly Halloween Bucket
This cute bucket is so easy to make. All you need is a cheap orange pail that you can buy at the dollar store, party store, hardware store or Home Depot.
Use styrofoam balls for the eyes, pipe cleaners for the eye lashes and the silly mouth is an upside down picture cut out of a magazine. Add whatever additional accents you’d like for hair, or to give it your own personality. This cute craft was created by belen junquera
Painted Halloween Candy Bucket
You can also use paint to decorate an orange bucket to create a cute trick-or-treat bucket. This is a fun Halloween craft idea for kids. In addition to painting, kids can also decorate the bucket with stickers, washi tape or stencils.
I love all of the fun and easy lighted Halloween crafts that you can make for the holiday. These ideas can be used to decorate the inside and outside of your home to welcome trick or treaters. Use these ideas as a starting point and then personalize each one to give it your own twist. This way you can make friendly, or spooky, Halloween decorations to fit your style.
Image Source: frykitty on Flickr CC 2.0
You can make pretty Halloween lanterns and displays using milk cartons, or by simply building your own design using cardboard and paper. Here are a few ideas for how to create your own Halloween Lanterns or decorations using milk cartons.
- Use a clean and dry milk carton, juice carton, or cardboard box.
- Cut out a rectangle on each side of the box, leaving about a 1″ border all the way around. You are essentially creating a picture frame on each side of the box and your Halloween scene will go in the middle .
- Paint the outside of the box black, or whatever dark color you’d like. Black paint is ideal because it adds to the Halloween scene and gives it the evening silhouette you want.
- Cut out a piece of wax paper, parchment, or transparent paper that will allow light to shine through it.
- Stencil a design onto the paper, or you could also cut out a design and glue that to the paper. This is where you can use your imagination to create a spooky or fun design. Some ideas include making a jack-o-lantern face, or a witch riding a broom. Black construction paper is perfect for creating cut-out designs and a sharpie marker can be used to hand-draw a design too.
- Tape or glue the paper with the design to the inside of the box. You put the paper on the inside of the box so that the carton creates a frame around it.
- Add an electric tea light, or LED light to the inside to light-up your decoration.
TIP: Do you have solar powered garden lights along your front walkway? Charge the lights during the day and then on Halloween night go out and add the milk carton decorations over the light for a glow-in-the-dark Halloween decoration that will look really cool!
Milk Carton Halloween Village
You can use the same technique outlined above to create your very own Halloween village. This project is lots of fun to put on display on your front porch or entrance way. It will be the first thing that visitors see when knocking on your door for trick or treating.
Image source: puuikibeach on Flickr CC 2.0
I hope you enjoy making your own Halloween lanterns and light-up decorations. These are fun projects to do with the kids and you can make these crafts as easy, or complex, as you’d like. Get creative and build your very own Halloween light-up display.
The leaves on the trees are bursting with color and now is the perfect time to make some Halloween crafts for your home and family. From round pumpkins to decorate your table, to adorable hats to keep the kids warm in the cooler weather, there are plenty of fun crochet projects to make with yarn that you already have on hand.
Here are some of my favorite crochet patterns for Halloween. All of these are free patterns, so grab a copy and get hooking. These all make great gifts too.
I hope you enjoy crocheting these fun Halloween crafts to decorate your home and get in the holiday spirit.
Halloween Crochet Patterns
Here are a couple of crochet patterns that I couldn’t resist sharing. I think that these are both so cute. The patterns aren’t free, but for only a few dollars, I think that they are still a bargain.