What do you do with old crayons that break, or those crayons that get left behind in the box because your daughter will only use pink and purple? One idea is to turn them into candles. This is a great way to upcycle crayons, whether they are old or new.
Microwaveable Clear Wax
Scented Wax (optional)
Double Sided Adhesive
Glass Candle Holder
Paper Cups (like Dixie)
How to Make Crayon Candles
1. Use double sided adhesive to place wick inside the candle holder
2. Remove wrappers from crayons and break up crayon into smaller pieces
3. Put crayon pieces in a Dixie cup (one color per cup)
4. Add clear wax and scented wax to Dixie cup
5. Microwave wax until melted (about 2-3 minutes)
6. Stir wax with a toothpick
7. Gently pour the melted wax into the candle holder. If you use multiple colors in your candle, you need to let each layer dry completely before adding next color.
You can see the complete tutorial by SoCraftastic below.